Sunday, September 03, 2006

In Vino Veritas

Tonight Jeannie and I headed over to Chris and Elizabeth's, friends of a friend (our friend Katie), for Chris' birthday dinner. I had just the right amount of red wine and am now feeling comfortable. Chris and Elizabeth are interesting people; smart, artistic, funny. It was a good time, and a nice way to relax into my day off tomorrow.

Tomorrow I get to hopefully do not much of anything for awhile, maybe try to catch the THIS AMERICAN LIFE that I missed today due to work, and then I have to write reviews for the music sellers at work. Yuck. I have to write what should be normal, simple evaluations of people, except that I have to do it in company-speak. I hate company-speak, and I hate jumping through hoops.

I have decided that my favorite verse of THE STEINMETZ FAMILY RHYMIN' is Jen's verse. It sounds to me like it was written by Rich, and I like the lyrics, but I also like her voice, and I like the vocal production as well. For those who haven't heard it, I will now transcribe the beginning of the verse, the part that gets stuck in my head:

One, two, crack your knuckles, here we go.
I'm the lyrical miracle with the God-given flow.
Oh damn! It's Jenny Jam! And I'm comin' in quatro,
Have you poppin' and lockin' like you're Mr. Roboto.

No comments: