Saturday, February 16, 2013

Catching and Throwing (Up)

Well, Jeannie's birthday on Tuesday was not low-key.  It was disgusting.  She and I both had some form of food poisoning, or maybe a super-strong, super fast version of the flu, and took turns running into the bathroom every 20 minutes.  Thank god we took turns.  When we bought this house, we were worried about only having one bathroom, and we described this very scenario to ourselves with worry - 'what if we both get sick and we only have one bathroom?'  Well, it turned out OK, although there were a couple of close calls.  And we did have a "Dan Will Shit in the Bathtub" contingency plan all worked out, but luckily never had to call it into play. 

The worst part was that Sam was sick with a cold, and so awake for a good portion of the night, at one point wailing in his crib while Jeanners and I were writhing on the floor of his bedroom, moaning, groaning, and hating life. 

So anyway, we're both feeling better now, thank you very much, and life has resumed its busy pace.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and a bit falling-behind, mostly due to the fact that my days off recently have been filled with ChesShakes building stuff rather than getting-stuff-done-around-the-house stuff.  I think a nice long vacation is in order. 

Today a little family time in the morning, then I head off to work in the afternoon.  Tomorrow, a little family time in the morning and then I help Pat get ready for his show and get a few things done at the building. 

Hokey-Dokey, Sam is requiring my full attention.  Must go!

No comments: