Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bushy Bush

I thought I had to go to work today, so I got up this morning and took a shower and got dressed and drove to work only to find out it was my day off. I should really start looking at those schedules that I make...

So I had a surprise day off. Spent it mostly farting around - worked on the CSC set, looked at new printers online (we're in the market for a new printer), disconnected some old wiring, did some new wiring, put up a little drywall, and now I am sitting on the couch listening to an old Kate Bush album. Not wanting to go into the torn up kitchen and do dishes.

Feeling a little bit at sea lately. Slightly overwhelmed by house stuff (but not too bad), feeling busy because I've got to get CSC's set done in addition to the house stuff, work is a little crazy (lots of upcoming changes) and annoying, and I think I overdid it last week while working on the house so now I just feel sore all the time. I had a dream last night about tearing shit up in the house, and in my dream I was feeling sore, and I was also probably feeling sore in real life, so I got up (mostly asleep) and took 2 ibuprofen.

Looking forward to the J-Dog getting home.

Oh, I forgot to mention something that I did today. I watched The Werewolf of London on Netflix. Haven't seen that movie since I was a little kid. When I was little I went through a phase where I was obsessed with old-school monster movies. Except it was the before the days when you could watch whatever the hell you want whenever the hell you want, so I never saw many of the movies, I just used to read books about them. But Werewolf of London is one that I did see as a youngster, and I remember being impressed by the werewolf-transformation sequences. For 1935, I guess they were pretty good. Almost as good as Teen Wolf, made about 50 years later.

Speaking of Teen Wolf, the J-Dog is in the market for a full-body hair suit and a yellow basketball uniform so she can win the Halloween costume contest at work. If anybody has a full-body hair suit that they can quickly ship to Baltimore, please leave a comment on this post.

I could go for a Sprite and a coupla ibuprofen. What's fer dinner?

No comments: