Thursday, January 06, 2011

G's & T's?

We no longer own Reverend Al. I did get a chance to go and clean him out and say a proper goodbye. I will admit that I had not cleaned the reverend al in quite a few years and found lots of interesting things in the back seat. In addition to lots of garbage. A random sampling of some of the things found: 2 pairs of combat boots, a curtain rod, a shower curtain rod, a propane camping lantern, numerous play programs, a pair of flip flops, and a mini maglite case filled with drywall screws. That's just the back seat. Other shit in the trunk.

Today at work I was scanning out product that was getting sent back to the warehouse. A mostly physical task that leaves my mind free to wander. Today I was trying to figure out the best plural version of "gin and tonic." Gin and tonics? Gins and tonic? Gins and tonics? I think I like the last one the best. Which one do you like?

I might be getting a cold.

I am definitely eating cheese and crackers.

Today at work there was a turd in one of the toilets that was a real monster. I would like to emphasize that it was already in the toilet when I arrived in the stall, I did not put it there. But anyway, it was massive and it ABSOLUTELY REFUSED TO BE FLUSHED. It kept getting stuck sideways and just hung out while all the water swooshed around it. Anyway, after several fruitless attempts to flush it I had to give up and try a different stall. And no, I'm not proud that I just left it there, but I really try to only clean up poop at work when I absolutely have to.

DFW's last (and unfinished) novel being published in April. On tax day. Cause it's about IRS workers. I am looking forward to reading it.

I think the Jeanners is home!

No comments: