Friday, October 30, 2009

Home is Where My Farts Is.

The Jeanners and I bought a house today. So now we own a house, which is strange and cool and scary.

The settlement was kinda fun, actually. We got to meet the folks who we were buying the house from, who are the brother and sister of the guy who used to live there. They were super nice and super cute. Then we spent the rest of the day pulling up the purple carpet in the living room. And lo and behold, much like the dream I had not too long ago, the floors are in pretty decent shape.

It was nice today to not think about Julius Caesar at all. This weekend I have to iron four 9' by 6' pieces of canvas, and then figure out what to do with them. Then next week is all Caesar, all the time. Luckily/unfortunately the J-Dog will be out of town next week, so while I am sad that we won't be hanging out, I am glad that Julius Caesar is not the reason that I won't be seeing her.

Our new house smells. Lino smoked cigars. Lino, by the way, is the name of the guy who used to live there. The J-Dog and I have, during the last few months, been referring to this place as "Lino's House." Also, it's kinda musty. Much work to be done!

No comments: