Monday, February 19, 2007

Every Dharma is a Dream

So sayeth my new spiritual advisor, Pema Chodron. Jeannie had a book of hers laying around that BJ just read, and he was quoting a little bit from it, and it had some nice easy Buddhist stuff in there that I used to enjoy but haven't read much lately, so I decided to read it. Some of it's a bit too hippie-hippie woo-woo for me, but I think it will help me transition into the tea-drinkin', rice eatin', exercisin' phase that I need to go into during the next couple of months.

This week we look forward to the arrival of B. Maune, who will be visiting for a few days and who I have not seen since college, I believe. Should be fun. Then at the weeked our good friends the Schluetermetz' will be coming in for a quick trip to see the show. The Front Page is one of Schlueter's favorite shows, though she's never seen it staged, and it's pretty well known that I enjoy ruining things that Schlueter likes.

Work. What to say about work? It was good to work with Elizabeth today. I think one of the reasons that I have been hating work som much lately is that I've always been working by myself. And everybody in the department's been working by themself, so I'm guessing everybody's pretty sick of work right now. Hopefully it will get better soon...

That's it for now. Tasty dinner tonight of chicken and rice and vegetables.

No comments: