Thursday, March 16, 2006

Busy like the Beaver.

First off, congrats to my friend in Colorado who's gettin' hitched and having a baby...Woo-Hoo!

I gots a lot done today. Woke at 8 and scanned a bunch of pictures to put on my damned MySpace site, but they only let you put 12 pictures on your profile. So I have a bunch left over that will probably make their way to this blog. Mostly pictures of friends and a couple of me and the jeanners...

Cleaned the bathroom and the dishes/kitchen sink area, took our recycling to the dump, did our taxes, did some laundry. It was a beautful sunny day, good for driving. And by the way, Scrubbing Bubbles is good for getting nasty grime out of the cracks between shower tiles. Thanks to Aimee for buying that stuff when we were all living together so I could discover that handy little secret.

Tonight had a meeting with a couple of people from CSC, to discuss what was good and what was bad about the technical aspects of Invalid, and what we can do better in the future. As I drove home, I had a mini-discussion in my head about how, in art, money takes the place of imagination. It seems like as we've started putting more money into shows and fixing technical problems by buying or renting, a lot of ingenuity, imagination, and creative fun goes out the window. As we use more professional actors, technicians, and designers, the more our shows are starting to look like all the other theatre companies out there, the ones we started out trying to avoid...

Don't really feel like going to work tomorrow...

No comments: