Monday, October 20, 2014

Ricardo Dos

I'm reclining in bed right now, typing on my phone.  The Jeanners is working on work.  I had planned on going to bed tonight at like 8 o'clock, but it didn't happen.  Worked on a design for Christmas Carol instead.  It needs to be done by Friday so that they can start rehearsing on Sunday.  Not looking forward to that show, but I got some good work done on it tonight.  In a few minutes, J and I are going to watch a Friends or two and then hit the hay. 

Samuel is such a little boy now it's crazy.  He's getting so grown up.  I guess I should take this opportunity to bury the news that the Jeanners and I are going to have another baby right in the middle of this post.  (The burying of the news is happening in the middle of the post, not the having of the baby).  So we're trying to introduce Sam to the idea of having another baby around, but I don't think he gets it yet.

Been enjoying U2's new album.  It took a few listens to get into it, but now I'm thinking it's their best album since Achtung. 

What else?  Work has been busy but not crazy busy.  I guess it's a little weird that 12 hour days 6 or 7 days a week just feels normal now, but there are a few tricks that help keep things balanced:  come home for dinner and try to be home by 10.  Jerns has really been holding down the fort, though, (in addition to her job), so once this show opens I'm going to try and keep some shorter work hours.

It feels pretty darned good to be working on artistic pursuits.  I'm also really enjoying working on lighting (I had kind of been dreading it), and I like it when the sets I build end up looking lime the drawings I drew. 

No comments: