Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like St. Patrick's Day

Well here it is, a week before Christmas and it's like 60 degrees and sunny and moist.   Very spring-like.  I'm about to take a walk to the liquor store with Sambone.  I love taking little kids to liquor stores.  I don't know why, exactly.  But it's not as bad as it sounds, because in Baltimore you can't really buy any alcohol (beer, wine, anything) except at a liquor store, with very few exceptions.  So it's not like I can just run down to Schnucks and pick up a six pack.  So off to the liquor store we go.  And geez, this time it's not even for me, it's for a co-worker's X-mas present.  So get off my back, already!

So anyway, it's really eerie not having any winter weather, like, ever, but I guess I might as well take the little dude outside and enjoy it a bit.  I've been working more day shifts at work lately and so there have been more days where I haven't gotten to spend much time with the dude, so it's been nice to hang out with him today.  And I've gotten a bunch of laundry done and some cleaning done so that after we leave town and come back we're not coming back to a place that is dirty and shitty, which is always a downer after the holidays. 

We got our fireplace doors the other day!  Woo-Hoo!  Just in time for the 60 degree days of winter.  Now I just have to install them.  Should I try and install them while Jeannie and Sam are out of town this weekend (which will be easier because there will be less baby around when the hammer-drilling is occurring) or should I do it sometime when Jeannie is here so that she can talk me out of suicide when I get in over my head and screw everything up? 

Alright.  I should really go pay attention to the kid over there. 

1 comment:

Bali Hotels said...

its nice blog and good conttent