Friday, October 26, 2012

6 Long Months

The little guy turned 6 months today.  Celebrated by passing an absolutely normal day.  Which really, if I think about it, isn't that bad. If I spent all my birthdays playing, eating, sleeping, shitting, and only occasionally crying, I'd consider myself a lucky man.  But this evening it seems like he might be coming down with a cold, and it seems like Jeannie might be, too (I heard her sneeze in the bedroom after I got home from work and was in the kitchen making myself a G&T), and to be honest, I've had a bit of a tickle in the ol' throat for a day or two as well. 

So they're saying that the East Coast is about to get slammed by a storm the likes have which has never been seen by man or beast, and I'll be honest, I'm a little scared.  I don't like storms.  I don't like the fact that we have big, old trees in our yard that drop branches when I cut a big fart.  I don't like having to cut up said branches after they are dropped.  And I don't want our cars, home, or son to get smashed by any stupid branches.  So, I'll probably spend the storm cowering in the basement wearing earmuffs. 

Had a meeting with the architects, theatrical consultants, and electrical engineers yesterday about the new theatre.  Didn't get the answers I wanted to hear about several semi-major issues.  Hmmmm.  Must come up with brilliant, million-dollar ideas to solve the issues. 

What else?  I really am looking forward to Sunday, when both Jeannie and I are off work, and we'll all get to hang out as a family, and hopefully the boy won't be sick and hopefully the storm won't be storming and the branches won't be dropping and we'll all be safe and warm and dry. 

No comments: