Friday, July 27, 2012

Our Flow is Always in Escrow

For the last few months, I have been going folder by folder and removing files from a damaged 500GB external hard drive.  The hard drive is what we used to back up all of our stuff - pictures, music, all the tracks from songs I'd recorded for myself and others, etc.  So the hard drive is broken but I found a trick on the internet where you put your drive in the freezer, and then take it out and try to get the files off of it.  It will work until the drive heats up too much and stops working again.  Then you put it back in the freezer and repeat the process.  It's all very fascinating, but it only lets you dump a couple of GB at a time, which is why this process has taken a long time.

ANYWAY,

Yesterday I was finishing up getting the files off of the hardrive, and in the process of putting it all on fresh drives I was organizing it and looking through old pictures and songs and stuff.  What fun!  The highlight of the day, I think was digging out the Steinmetz Family Rhymin' and giving it a couple of spins.  It has stood the test of time.  Lyrics?  Tight.  Flow?  Never defaults.  Production?  Kickin'.   I still give it an A+.  Just in case it's been awhile for you, here it is:



(p.s.  If any participants in the SFR wish me to take it down, just let me know and I will)

Also great to look through old pictures.

Sam's 3 month birthday was yesterday.  He spent it eating, pooping, sleeping, and attempting to stand up.  He recently decided he doesn't really like laying down anymore, but what he REALLY likes to do is stand up with somebody holding him under his pits.  Anyway, here's what he's looking like:


No comments: