Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rural Juror

It's been a weird week.

You know how a DVD sometimes has on its cover a little snippet from reviews that the film has received? Like, it might say something like "Exhilarating!" or "Sensational!" or something like that. Yesterday I was sorting some DVD's at work and out of the corner of my eye I thought that on the cover of one particular DVD it said "Abortive!" I'm fairly sure that that's not what it said, but I didn't look again to see what it actually said.

And then yesterday my old friend Colleen sent me this news link about a grade-school classmate of ours, Joel. It was nice to hear from Colleen, who I haven't talked to in a few years, but it was a weird damn story.

And I've been working a lot. Today was day 8, and I'm working through Saturday. Nothing too exciting, but it's kept me from doing much of anything productive.

And I've got jury duty tomorrow, which I've never done before. And while I normally like sitting for 8 hours and doing nothing, I'd really just rather have a day off. Tonight I'm heading over to the Rec Room for a going away party for a co-worker who's going to Korea to teach for a year. I was looking forward to it this afternoon, but I am feeling less enthusiastic currently. Right now I'm just feeling kinda sad and bummed and I'd rather just sit and listen to music and then eventually go to bed. Hopefully being around folks will perk me up.

1 comment:

Little Messy Missy said...

Hopefully they will have some cake and a good stiff drink at the party to make you feel a little better...