Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Rewired

Aw, shit, beyotches. I is back on d'net.

Verizon sent a very nice technician to come look at our phone line today (luckily I had the day off work so I was able to be home during their 9am to 7pm window) and it took him like 2 minutes to go down into the basement and hook our apartment back up to the phone box. Problem solved.

Our new apartment is OK, but it smells like smoke a lot because the guy downstairs is always home and apparently doesn't do anything but sit and smoke. I would be angry, but I'm too jealous.

We are one step closer to buying the damned house. We have agreed on money shit and now we just have to go to this home tour thing on Saturday (in an attempt to get free money from the city of Baltimore) and then we will send them a phat contract to sign on Monday. And then we start scrambling in an attempt to get an inspection, a zoning variance, and a loan. Anyway, house talk is boring.

Been going to rehearsals for Julius Caesar. It's gonna be a pain in the butt to light this thing. Lots of extension cords put up and taken down every night. Bleagh.

Progress is also being made in the direction of a Quintessential Pine Tree Brothers reunion. No formal announcements have been made, but let me just say that if you are in the St. Louis area, keep the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving free. You won't regret it. Especially if you like the Quintessential Pine Tree Brothers.

For the last few days, I have had some Stevie Earl Jacobs lyrics in my head, so I'll close with those:

I got a bike lock
as thick as my cock

No comments: