Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Goodbye O, Hello O!

Well, in a few days, the Schluetermetz' will be leaving Ohio. Truly the end of an era. Poor Ohio, which I have long held to be the suckiest state in The Union, now has no redeeming qualities. And although I definitely have great memories of hanging with the cool kids in Columbus and Bellefountaine, I am feeling surprisingly un-sentimental about their upcoming move. I really think that the good times haven't even started yet, that the West will treat them well, and they will enjoy it. And we will enjoy visiting them.

Still though, I'm always a little sentimental, especially at nighttime, so I've uploaded a few songs about Ohio and one about (I think) Oregon and the Northwest. Looking back and looking ahead. Although I will admit that the Too Much Joy song "Goodbye Ohio" has little to do with Ohio, except the title. But the Damien Jurado is pretty damned good...

I stink.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Schluetermetz said...

You are the sweetest. I didn't think I was going to miss OH, but damned if in the last week or so I haven't felt a little softhearted about it. Maybe it had something to do with the "Hometown Extravaganza" concert that we just attended. More banjo!

We will see you and the Jeanners soon. Miss you much.

js

Schluetermetz said...

Also, everyone knows that Indiana is the worst state in The Union.

-b