Saturday, November 05, 2005

Last Day at the Ranch

Well, I went and saw Coriolanus last night, and I think the best way to describe it would be "relatively disastrous." There were parts of it that were absolutely a train wreck, due in large part to technical problems and the show being poorly run. Which is fine and all, but I'm sad because Jen Schlueter was in town for a conference and was able to come see the show, and I was a little embarassed that it was a show that was pretty bad.

But, we had a good dinner before the show, with beers, and then went out afterwards and had some drinks and chatted it up with Pat Kilpatrick. We picked apart the show, talking about what didn't work and what worked and who we absolutely hated when they came onstage and things like that.

Jeannie and I are leaving the cabin today and go back to our normal life, which I think we're both looking forward to. I'm ready for a nice 10-12 hour night's sleep. And to not be writing this on a damned dial-up connection. We will miss the dogs, and the fireplace, and the tub, though.

Seeing Schlueter made me very ready for Turkey Day, my favorite day of all.

No comments: